Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which [name of organisation] (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes. PERSONAL DATA :
- As used in this Notice: “customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes: (a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you; (b) verifying your identity; (c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you; (d) managing your relationship with us; (e) processing payment or credit transactions; (f) sending your marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions; (g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; (h) any other purposes for which you have provided the information; (i) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and (j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- We may disclose your personal data: (a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or (b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause above for us.
- The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Party
- We respect the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us.
- In that regard, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- cases in which the disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
- cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or legal proceedings;
- cases in which the personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer;
- cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest; and/or;
where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
- cases in which you consent and agree to the data collection and usage for specific events that includes affiliating partners and/or sponsors (third party)
- The instances listed above at paragraph [3.2] are not intended to be exhaustive. For more information on the exceptions, you are encouraged to peruse the Second, Third and Fourth Schedules of the PDPA which is publicly available at https://sso.agc.gov.sg.
- When we disclose your personal data to third parties with your consent, we will employ our best efforts to require such third parties to protect your personal data.
Withdrawing Your Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access To and Correction of Personal Data
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
Protection of Personal Data
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
Accuracy of Personal Data
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
Data Protection Officer
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner: Kindly call 8368 2756.
Effect of Notice and Changes to Notice
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and
BY USING BMB SERVICES, YOU GIVE YOUR IRREVOCABLE ACCEPTANCE OF AND CONSENT TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THOSE ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND
POLICIES REFERENCED HEREIN AND/OR LINKED HERETO.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR SERVICES OR ACCESS THE SITE. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 OR THE LEGAL AGE FOR GIVING CONSENT HEREUNDER PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY (THE “LEGAL AGE”), YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FROM A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT AND THAT PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHETHER YOU HAVE REACHED THE LEGAL AGE, OR DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU HAVE ASKED YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN FOR HELP. IF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A MINOR WHO IS CREATING AN ACCOUNT, YOU MUST ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT ON THE MINOR’S BEHALF AND YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL USE OF THE ACCOUNT OR COMPANY SERVICES USING SUCH ACCOUNT, WHETHER SUCH ACCOUNT IS CURRENTLY OPEN OR CREATED LATER.
For our Terms & Conditions, please click here.